Code of Conduct
We expect all of our members, guests, and staff to follow normal standards of proper behavior. We will not tolerate harassment of people at our convention in any form. Everyone is entitled to a harassment-free convention experience, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, political beliefs, body size, race, national origin, or religion.
Harassment includes inappropriate physical contact, unwelcome sexual attention, offensive verbal comments, deliberate intimidation, stalking or following someone, making harassing photographs or recordings, or disrupting talks or other events. Anyone asked to stop any harassing behavior is expected to comply immediately. A request to “stop” or “go away” means exactly that. If anyone engages in harassing behavior, the convention committee may warn the offender, remove the offender from the room, or expel the offender from the convention with no refund.
If you feel that you are being discriminated against or harassed, or if you notice someone violating convention or hotel policies, we respectfully suggest the following:
• Point out the inappropriate behavior to the person(s) involved. Often this will solve the problem immediately.
• If you do not feel comfortable talking with the person(s) involved or if talking to them does not resolve the issue, please report the situation immediately to Operations Staff or a Convention Committee member, identified by a red badge holder, or email us. We will provide complete contact will be available at the convention. Try to provide a name, badge name, badge number, and/or physical description of the persons involved.
• In order to take action at the convention, we need to know about any incidents during the convention. Issues can still be reported later to firstname.lastname@example.org as well.
• We will respect the wishes of the affected parties within the constraints of law.
• We may share information with the World Fantasy Board and future World Fantasy Conventions.